Bicycle Registration is a voluntary and free program. Students, faculty, and staff who register their bicycles will receive a brand new U-lock, a registration sticker, coupons to local bike shops and safety information. Students who live off-campus and do not own a parking permit will also receive 2 daily complimentary parking permits per semester upon registering their bicycle. The 2 daily complimentary parking passes can be used for parking in general lots on campus. For students, the registration is valid for 5 years. For faculty and staff, the registration is valid for duration of employment.
Why should I register my bicycle?
- Bike registration helps to keep track of how many bicycles are on campus and it helps us provide you with more bike programs, racks, and infrastructure.
- You can be contacted if your bicycle needs to be moved or if we have a special announcement for cyclists on campus.
- If a registered bike is stolen and recovered it can more easily be returned to its owner.
- Having a registration sticker on your bicycle acts as a theft deterrent (the stickers are specially designed and are very difficult to remove).
How do I register my bicycle?
- Gather the following information about your bicycle: make, model, serial number, color, bike size, type and any other identifiers (if you’re not sure where to find this info on your bike, contact our office).
- Fill out the online registration form below.
- Bring your bicycle to the Transportation Office to receive a bike registration sticker, a bike lock, coupons, other giveaways, and 2 daily complimentary parking permits per semester (off-campus students only).
Where do I complete my registration?
- After registering online, take your bicycle to any of the following locations during office hours to complete your bicycle registration:
Fairfax Campus - Nottoway Annex, Phone: 703-993-2828
Arlington Campus - Founder's Hall, Room 219, Phone: 703-993-8146
Prince William Campus - Occoquan Building, Room 112, Phone: 703-993-4808