Motor Pool Eligibility
Who Can Drive?
All Operators: Drivers, including infrequent drivers, must meet these minimum qualification:
- The Agreement with Enterprise allows University employees that are 18 years of age or older on official University business to rent and drive a vehicle. Enterprise will not charge any additional fees based upon the age of a driver. This applies to rentals from Enterprise rental locations in the Commonwealth of Virginia only.
- Rentals to Eligible Renters age 18-20 in all other locations will be subject to an additional youthful driver charge, which may vary by rental location.
- Students: must be at least 20 years of age and have possessed a valid driver's license for a minimum of two years
- Employees (including student wage employees): must be at least 18 years of age and have possessed a driver's license for a minimum of two years
- To be eligible to drive an 11 or 12 passenger maxi van, you must be at least 20 years of age and pass the "Van Driver Familiarization Class". Outside of the Commonwealth of Virginia, Enterprise's age requirement to drive a 12-15 passenger van is 25.
- Complete a University Driver Safety Awareness Training and a refresher training every two years through the Office of Risk Management. New hires must complete training within 60 days of being hired.
Who can Ride?
Individuals not employed by the Commonwealth or University, may accompany Commonwealth/University employees operating the vehicle when they have an interest in the purpose of the trip and their presence is directly related to the official Commonwealth/University business.
Friends or relatives of Commonwealth/University employees are not allowed to ride in the vehicle unless directly related to the official Commonwealth/University business.
Hitchhikers and pets are not allowed in the vehicles.