Mason Shuttles On-Demand
Mason Shuttles offers an on-demand shuttle service. This is a shared ride service with designated pick-up and drop-off locations on the Fairfax campus and at nearby locations off-campus.
How does it work?
- Download the Transloc Microtransit app
- Click on View On Demand Services and choose Mason Shuttles on Demand
- Create your account using your Mason email address
- Enter a textable phone number; it’s how the app will contact you if needed.
- Scroll down to see some screen shots of the app.
- On the app, select from a range of pick-up and drop-off locations to request your ride.
- The app will provide an estimated pick-up time and it will adjust the time if conditions change.
- You must show your Mason ID when boarding.
- On demand shuttles are branded as Reston Limousine Vanterra buses. Capacity is reduced to 6 people maximum.
- Masks are required unless you have a university authorized exception.
Summer 2021 Service Hours:
- Monday-Friday, 7am-7pm
- Pilot On-Demand brochure
What else do I need to know?
- Cannot book rides in advance.
- The pick-up and drop-off stops available for the On-Demand Shuttle are in the Transloc app.
- Be at the pick-up location on time; the driver will only wait one minute before moving on.
- When you see the Reston Limo minibus, be sure to signal to the driver that you are being picked up.
- Wait times will vary based on demand.
- There may be a short delay in service during driver shift changes.
- If you’re using the Mason Shuttles fixed routes (e.g. Fairfax/SciTech) you can track it on the Transloc app, searching for George Mason under the Routes section.
Create your account using your Mason email.
Click on “Booking Available” at the bottom of the screen.
Select Pick-up address and choose from the selection of locations available. Do the same for your drop-off location. Note: Mason Shuttles On-Demand only serves the locations in the drop-down menu.
Your estimated pick up time will show up at the bottom of your screen once your ride is scheduled.