Mason Shuttles On-Demand
A Pilot Project for Spring 2021
Beginning Monday, January 25, Mason Shuttles is offering an on-demand shuttle service. This is a shared ride service with designated pick-up and drop-off locations on the Fairfax campus and at nearby locations off-campus.
How does it work?
- Download the Transloc Microtransit app
- Click on View On Demand Services and choose Mason Shuttles on Demand
- Create your account using your Mason email address
- Enter a textable phone number; it’s how the app will contact you if needed.
- Scroll down to see some screen shots of the app.
- On the app, select from a range of pick-up and drop-off locations to request your ride.
- The app will provide an estimated pick-up time and it will adjust the time if conditions change.
- You must show your Mason ID when boarding.
- On demand shuttles are branded as Reston Limousine Vanterra buses. Capacity is reduced to 6 people maximum.
- Masks are required unless you have a university authorized exception.
- Monday-Friday, 7am-10pm
- Saturday-Sunday, 5pm-11pm
What else do I need to know?
- Cannot book rides in advance.
- The pick-up and drop-off stops available for the On-Demand Shuttle are in the Transloc app.
- Be at the pick-up location on time; the driver will only wait one minute before moving on.
- When you see the Reston Limo minibus, be sure to signal to the driver that you are being picked up.
- Your pick-up and drop-off choice will increase on the weekends as Gunston Mason is not running.
- Wait times will vary based on demand.
- There may be a short delay in service during driver shift changes.
- Because this is a pilot program, Mason Shuttles may change the parameters of the program based on demand and feedback.
- If you’re using the Mason Shuttles fixed routes (e.g. Fairfax/SciTech and Gunston Mason) you can now track those on the Transloc app, searching for George Mason under the Routes section.
- Pilot On-Demand brochure
Create your account using your Mason email.
Click on “Booking Available” at the bottom of the screen.
Select Pick-up address and choose from the selection of locations available. Do the same for your drop-off location. Note: The pilot project only serves the locations in the drop-down menu.
Your estimated pick up time will show up at the bottom of your screen once your ride is scheduled.