Motor Pool Fuel Cards, Required Training, and Reminders
Fuel cards are available for motor pool rentals to have fuel charges charged back to the university. Drop by the Transportation Office located in Lot C to check out a Fuel card before your rental pick-up date.
- Entering Fuel Agreements or allowing Enterprise to refuel after returning vehicles empty is not permitted.
Drivers for Enterprise vehicles through motor pool must complete a University Driver Safety Awareness Training and a refresher training every two years through the Office of Risk Management to be eligible to drive.
- Upcoming Driver Awareness Training sessions: https://risk.gmu.edu/training/driver-training/
- Space is limited for each session, register now!
To be eligible to drive a maxi van, you must be at least 20 years of age and pass the “Van Driver Familiarization Class”. Outside of the Commonwealth of VA, Enterprise’s age requirement to drive a 12-15 passenger van is 25.
- Upcoming Van driver class: https://police.gmu.edu/programs-and-services/van-driver-familiarization-class/
- Any trip that is longer than 300 miles, or four hours, must have at least two qualified drivers assigned per vehicle.
- 15 passenger vans cannot be seated to full capacity. Maximum of 12 passengers can be seated in a 15 passenger van.