Carpool Zone Program
The Carpool Zone program allows you to informally carpool to Mason. No forms to complete. Just arrive at the Fairfax campus between 7 and 11 am, Monday through Friday with either:
- A general lot permit and 2 or more people in your car
- A West Campus or Lot M/P permit and 3 or more people in your car
You can then park in the designated areas within Lot A or Rappahannock Deck.
How it Works
- Non-resident students, faculty, and staff are eligible for Carpool Zone
- Arrive at the Fairfax campus between 7am and 11am Monday-Friday
- With a general permit: Have at least two people in your vehicle when you arrive
- With a West Campus or Lot M/P permit: Have at least three people in your vehicle when you arrive
- Display your parking lot parking permit on your rear view mirror (West Campus or Lot M/P permit holders will receive an additional dashboard pass from the Lot attendant)
- Park in the designated section of Lot A or Rappahannock Deck (see maps below)
An attendant will be present between 7am-11am to ensure that only those who carpool are allowed to park there. Those driving alone will not be able to park in the Carpool Zones during these hours.
After 11:00am Monday-Friday, any open spaces revert back to general permit use.