Carpool Zone Program
The Carpool Zone program allows you to informally carpool to Mason. No forms to complete. Just arrive at the Fairfax campus between 7 and 11 am, Monday through Friday with a general lot permit and 2 or more people in your car. Due to the impact of COVID-19, the 3-person (or more) carpool with West Campus or Lot M/P permits has been removed from eligibility for the carpool zone until further notice.
You can then park in the designated areas within Lot A or Rappahannock Deck.
How it Works
- Non-resident students, faculty, and staff are eligible for Carpool Zone
- Arrive at the Fairfax campus between 7am and 11am Monday-Friday
- With a general permit: Have two people in your vehicle when you arrive
- Display your parking lot parking permit on your rear view mirror
- Park in the designated section of Lot A or Rappahannock Deck (see maps below)
After 11:00am Monday-Friday, any open spaces revert back to general permit use.
Off of Mattaponi River Lane above the circle
First floor to left of the Patriot Circle entrance next to the ramp