COVID-19 guidance to carpool programs:
- Be prepared to sanitize your vehicle whether you own it or share it.
- Disinfect anything you touch - door handles, steering wheel, controls, etc.
The Carpool Zone program allows you to informally carpool to Mason. No forms to complete. Just arrive at the Fairfax campus between 7 and 11 am, Monday through Friday with a:
- General lot permit and 2 or more people in your car.
- West Campus or Lot M/P permit and 3 or more people in your car.
You can then park in the designated areas within Lot A or Rappahannock Deck.
How it Works
- Non-resident students, faculty, and staff are eligible for Carpool Zone
- Arrive at the Fairfax campus between 7am and 11am Monday-Friday
- With a general permit: Have two people in your vehicle when you arrive
- With a West Campus or Lot M/P permit: Have three people in your vehicle when you arrive.
- Display the dash pass provided by the attendant on your dashboard.
- Display your parking lot parking permit on your rear view mirror
- Park in the designated section of Lot A or Rappahannock Deck (see maps below)
An attendant will be present between 7am-11am to ensure that only those who carpool are allowed to park there. Those driving alone will not be able to park in the Carpool Zones during these hours.
After 11:00am Monday-Friday, any open spaces revert back to general permit use.
Off of Mattaponi River Lane above the circle
First floor to left of the Patriot Circle entrance next to the ramp