Spring 2023 semester parking permits will go on sale ONLINE ONLY on Wednesday, January 4, 2023, at 10 am.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and semester-based options will be available.
- Motorcycle permits are available for purchase. If purchased as a secondary permit, please come into the Parking Services office to receive the discounted rate.
- Fall semester permits expire on January 15, 2023, for students or January 31, 2023, for faculty/staff, depending on the type of permit. Please check your permit to see when yours expires.
- Faculty/Staff with a payroll deduction permit DO NOT need to renew their current permit.
- Only one vehicle may be attached to a daily, weekly, or monthly permit. If multiple vehicles will be used or if you need to switch vehicles, please contact Parking Services.
- All semester permits will be mailed out (except printable permits). Please make sure to use the correct mailing address when purchasing a permit. Please print out your 14-day temporary permit during the purchasing process. You can use this temporary permit until your hangtag arrives in the mail.
- Visit Parking Permit Regulations section for permit rules and regulations.
How Do I Purchase My Parking Permit?
- Go to parking.gmu.edu and click on “Purchase Your Permit,” or visit My Parking Portal.
- Log in using your Mason ID and Patriot Web password, and then click “Purchase Your Permit.”
- Verify and/or edit your mailing address. Resident students must have an active Postal Box number in Patriot Web to use their University address
- Select the permit you would like to purchase
- Please read all the rules & regulations associated with the permit you intend to purchase, and if you agree, click the “Accept” button.
- You are responsible for adhering to the posted rules, so please make sure you understand and agree before making a purchase.
- Verify permit type and information listed prior to inputting payment information.
- Once the purchase is complete, you will receive a link via email. Click the link and print out the permit. The link is temporary so it is recommended to save and print the permit within 10 days.
- If purchasing a parking garage permit, you will have a QR code included in your receipt for garage access.
- Your QR code can be printed or used directly from your cell phone when entering or exiting, similar to a boarding pass at the airport.
- You are not required to obtain a new card, as your QR code will remain active as long as your reserved permit is active.
- If you had a fall garage permit, the QR code associated with that would expire when your permit expires. We recommend saving your QR access code on your phone so you have it handy. Once you receive your permanent permit you will also be able to use the barcode located at the top front for entry and exit. If you would like an access card, send your request to email@example.com and we will contact you once it is ready.
- For students, faculty, and staff that do not require parking on campus on a regular basis, there are daily, weekly, and monthly options available online.
- Hourly visitor parking is available in all parking garages with an $18 daily maximum. Daily parking options are available for Lots L/K for $11/day, Lots M, O, and P at the Field House for $7/day, and the West Campus lot for $5/day. Daily permits for these options are available online at parking.gmu.edu and require one to print out and display on their dashboard. Each of these locations has mobile payment options as well through the ParkMobile app. There is also a pay station at the Field House as an additional payment option for Lots M, O, and P.
- Daily parking permits are also available for the SciTech Campus for $8/day, with hourly options available via the ParkMobile app.
Reserved Parking Permit Rules & Regulations
Mason Pond Deck, Shenandoah Deck, Rappahannock River Deck, Van Metre Hall, Lot R, Lot I, and Lot J reserved permits are only allowed to park in the General permit areas of the Fairfax campus from 5pm – 11pm Monday through Friday and all day on the weekends. At all other times these permit holders must park in their designated permit areas. Reserved permits are sold in limited quantities to ensure space availability to permit holders under normal conditions. Reserved areas may be used as overflow parking on occasion but permit holders will still be assured a space.
The only exceptions to these rules are Mason Pond and Shenandoah Evening permits which are valid in the General permit areas at all times.
A Fairfax/SciTech General, Mason Square, or any Fairfax reserved lot(I, J, R) or parking deck permit is valid at the SciTech Campus general lots (Occoquan, Discovery, King, Tower). The Hylton Lot will be completely or partially closed at times as construction begins on a new academic building there. Mason parking is not allowed in the Freedom Center Parking Lot.
Beacon Hall residents must purchase a Beacon Hall permit, which is valid in the Beacon Hall resident lot, Tower lot, and at the General lots/areas at Fairfax Campus.
In order to purchase a Mason Square parking permit, one must be working or taking a class there. Each permit type at Mason Square is valid in Fairfax and SciTech Campus general areas.
- Free parking and alternative transportation options are also available (Mason Shuttles, biking, or public transportation).
- Free Mason Shuttles run regularly between Fairfax Campus and Vienna Metro, Science and Technology Campus, Mason Square (Arlington), and area shopping centers (Gunston’s Go Bus). Spring semester shuttle schedules will be posted by the first week of January 2023.
- CUE Bus: Travel through the City of Fairfax and to/from Vienna Metro free with Mason ID.