Spring 2021 Parking & Transportation Update - Permit Sales
Spring 2021 Parking Permits
- 2021 Spring semester parking permits will go on sale ONLINE ONLY on Friday, January 15, 2021 at parking.gmu.edu
- Permits will only be sold as daily, weekly, monthly, and semester options. Annual permits have been discontinued for the 2020-21 academic year.
- For information on semester and daily/weekly/monthly permit rates, go to: https://transportation.gmu.edu/parking-services/permits/
- Motorcycle permits are only available for purchase at the Parking Services office.
- All permits are PRINTABLE with the exception of Motorcycle permits. Permits will not be mailed out.
- After purchasing a permit, please print and display the permit on the vehicle dashboard prior to parking. The permit link will expire 14 days after the purchase date.
Parking Changes for the Spring Semester
West Campus permits will not be sold due to discontinued spring semester shuttle service. All permits are still valid at West Campus if needed. A portion of the West Campus parking lot is blocked off. Valid Mason permits can be used to park in the parking spaces located on Rapidan River Road.
Rappahannock Parking Deck
The gates for the reserved levels (3 through 5) will remain lifted for the semester so an access card will not be required for entry. A valid Rappahannock reserved permit is still required to park on reserved levels and will be enforced.
Freshmen resident students will be able to purchase any permit except the General and Lot M/P permits. Freshmen Residents may purchase the “Resident Lite” permit option, which is valid in Lots K, M, O, and P, due to West Campus permits not being available.
Off Campus Freshmen
Off Campus Freshmen may purchase the “General Lot” permit option, due to West Campus permits not being available.
The “General Lot” permit option is available for purchase by Sophomore Residents
Short Term Parking
For students, faculty, and staff that do not require parking on campus on a regular basis, there are daily, weekly, and monthly options available online. Hourly visitor parking is available in all parking garages at $3/hour with a $15 daily maximum. At the Field House Lots M & P is the lowest priced daily parking for $3/day which can be purchased online or using the ParkMobile app. A daily permit for General areas is also available online for $9/day as well as one for Lot K only for $6/day.