Biking Resources at Mason
- All public buses and Mason Shuttles are outfitted with bike racks.
- There is a map of bike lanes, racks, shelters, and pumps located on the Fairfax campus, a map of bike racks on the SciTech campus and Arlington campus as well as a list of bike pumps and fix it stations by campus.
- A Capital Bikeshare station is located on the Arlington Campus.
Biking Programs at Mason
- Register your bike with Parking and Transportation to receive a free U-lock, bike lights and safety information. Student registration is valid for 5 years and for faculty/staff, the registration is valid for the duration of their employment. Students who live off-campus and do not own a parking permit will also receive 2 daily complimentary parking passes (general lots) per semester upon registering their bike.
- Bike Commuter Choice (Faculty/Staff only): Faculty and staff are eligible for 3 different tiers of support based upon how often and how far you bike to work.
- Patriot Bike Check Out Program: Check out one of ten bikes available at the RAC/AFC at no cost Monday through Thursday for a one-day check-out by showing your valid Mason ID. Check it out on Friday or Saturday and have it until Sunday night. Check a bike out at either location and return it to the one that is most convenient. This pilot is brought to the Mason community by Mason Recreation, the Office of Sustainability, and Parking & Transportation.
- Capital Bikeshare Discount for Students: Mason has joined the Capital Bikeshare University Program, which offers enrolled students discounted $25 Capital Bikeshare annual memberships.
Community Biking Resources
Follow Mason biking issues on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bikingatmason.
Note: The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) closed the Vaden Bridge over I-66 in October 2019 as part of the I-66 construction project. For information on alternatives, please see Transform 66 (and links at the bottom of that page such as the Vaden Bridge Closure Flyer) as well as the Fairfax Alliance on Better Bicycling (FABB).
Fairfax Campus Arlington Campus
News and Announcements
Join the Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling, the City of Fairfax, Fairfax County, the Coalition for Smarter Growth, and Mason’s Read More
Due to the impact of COVID-19, the last day of shuttle service until further notice is Friday, April 17 for Read More
We are delighted to share that Mason has been named one of the 2020 Best Workplaces for Commuters. Mason made Read More
As the beginning of the spring 2020 semester rapidly approaches, Mason students, faculty and staff are reminded that traffic on Read More