Note: The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will be closing the Vaden Bridge over I-66 on or about October 18, 2019 as part of the I-66 construction project. For information on alternatives, please see Transform 66 (and links at the bottom of that page such as the Vaden Bridge Closure Flyer) as well as the Fairfax Alliance on Better Bicycling (FABB).
Follow Mason biking issues on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bikingatmason.
Mason encourages everyone coming to campus to have at least two ways to get to work and school. See if biking is right for you.
Biking Resources at Mason
- All public buses and Mason Shuttles are outfitted with bike racks.
- There is a map of bike lanes, racks, shelters, and pumps located on the Fairfax, Arlington, and SciTech Campuses and a list of bike pumps and fix it stations by campus.
- A Capital Bikeshare station is located on the Arlington Campus.
Biking Programs at Mason
- Register your bike with Parking and Transportation to receive a free U-lock, bike lights and safety information. Student registration is valid for 5 years and for faculty/staff, the registration is valid for the duration of their employment. Students who live off-campus and do not own a parking permit will also receive 2 daily complimentary parking passes (general lots) per semester upon registering their bike.
- Bike Commuter Choice (Faculty/Staff only): Faculty and staff are eligible for 3 different tiers of support based upon how often and how far you bike to work.
- Patriot Bike Check Out Program: Check out one of ten bikes available at the RAC/AFC at no cost Monday through Thursday for a one-day check-out by showing your valid Mason ID. Check it out on Friday or Saturday and have it until Sunday night. Check a bike out at either location and return it to the one that is most convenient. This pilot is brought to the Mason community by Mason Recreation, the Office of Sustainability, and Parking & Transportation. The Patriot Bike Check Out Bikes have been stored for Winter Break. Look for them again beginning, Monday, January 27.
Community Biking Resources
Fairfax Campus Arlington Campus
News and Announcements
As the beginning of the spring 2020 semester rapidly approaches, Mason students, faculty and staff are reminded that traffic on Read More
Four events on the Fairfax Campus this week are likely to have significant impacts on traffic and parking: Tuesday, Dec. Read More
Please see changes to the Mason Shuttles schedule due to Winter Break. In addition to a one-page summary, we also Read More
Transportation from Mason to New York City, Richmond, Philadelphia, Virginia Beach and other cities is now available for Winter break. Read More