- Patriot Bike Check Out Program is temporarily unavailable during Fall 2020.
- There will be no abandoned bike sale this fall.
- Mason Recreation Safe Return to Recreation page
- Information on locker room access
Biking Opportunities in September
- Cycle September from Love to Ride - You can check it out and join as an individual at http://www.lovetoride.net/usa/groups/3071?group_invite=true
- Bike to Work Week (September 21-27) from the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management - Details in the Employee Experience, page 18.
Biking Resources at Mason
- All public buses and Mason Shuttles are outfitted with bike racks.
- There is a map of bike lanes, racks, shelters, and pumps located on the Fairfax campus, a map of bike racks on the SciTech campus and Arlington campus as well as a list of bike pumps and fix it stations by campus.
- A Capital Bikeshare station is located on the Arlington Campus.
Biking Programs at Mason
- Register your bike with Parking and Transportation to receive a free U-lock, bike lights and safety information. Student registration is valid for 5 years and for faculty/staff, the registration is valid for the duration of their employment. Students, faculty, and staff who live off-campus and do not own a parking permit will also receive 2 daily complimentary parking passes (general lots) per semester upon registering their bike.
- Bike Commuter Choice (Faculty/Staff only): Faculty and staff are eligible for 3 different tiers of support based upon how often and how far you bike to work.
- Patriot Bike Check Out Program: Temporarily unavailable during Fall 2020 due to the impact of COVID-19.
- Check out one of ten bikes available at the RAC/AFC at no cost Monday through Thursday for a one-day check-out by showing your valid Mason ID. Check it out on Friday or Saturday and have it until Sunday night. Check a bike out at either location and return it to the one that is most convenient. This pilot is brought to the Mason community by Mason Recreation, the Office of Sustainability, and Parking & Transportation.
- Capital Bikeshare Discount for Students: Mason has joined the Capital Bikeshare University Program, which offers enrolled students discounted $25 Capital Bikeshare annual memberships.
Community Biking Resources
Follow Mason biking issues on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bikingatmason.
Fairfax Campus Arlington Campus
News and Announcements
A summary of COVID-19 impacts to Parking and Transportation programs and services is available at https://transportation.gmu.edu/covid-19 . Information on the Read More
COVID-19 has brought a number of changes to Parking and Transportation procedures and programming. We have put together a list Read More
COVID-19 has required making some changes on Mason Shuttles. This short video will walk you through those changes so you Read More
The Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling, the City of Fairfax, Fairfax County, the Coalition for Smarter Growth, and Mason’s Department Read More