Mason encourages everyone coming to campus to have at least two ways to get to work and school. See if biking is right for you.
Biking Resources at Mason
- All public buses and Mason Shuttles are outfitted with bike racks.
- There is a map of bike lanes, racks, shelters, and pumps located on the Fairfax, Arlington, and SciTech Campuses and a list of bike pumps and fix it stations by campus.
- A Capital Bikeshare station is located on the Arlington Campus.
Upcoming Biking Events at Mason
- 2nd Annual "As-Is" Abandoned Bike Sale,
- Date: Friday, 9/20/19
- Time: 2-5pm
- Location: Shenandoah Parking Deck, 1st Level, Visitors Section
- All bikes in need of TLC
- Pricing starts at $10
- Maximum of 2 bikes per person until 4:30pm
- Payment made at time of sale; can accept cash, M/C, and Visa
- First come-first served; numbered tickets will be provided at the check-in table beginning at 2pm
- Sponsored by Parking and Transportation and the Office of Sustainability
- Date: Friday, 9/20/19
Biking Programs at Mason
- Register your bike with Parking and Transportation to receive a free U-lock, bike lights and safety information. Student registration is valid for 5 years and for faculty/staff, the registration is valid for the duration of their employment. Students who live off-campus and do not own a parking permit will also receive 2 daily complimentary parking passes (general lots) per semester upon registering their bike.
- Bike Commuter Choice (Faculty/Staff only): Faculty and staff are eligible for 3 different tiers of support based upon how often and how far you bike to work.
- Patriot Bike Check Out Program: Check out one of five bikes available at the RAC at no cost for a one-day check-out by showing your valid Mason ID. Check it out on Friday or Saturday and have it until Sunday night. This pilot is brought to the Mason community by Mason Recreation, the Office of Sustainability, and Parking & Transportation.
Community Biking Resources
News and Announcements
Several parking and traffic closures will occur on the Fairfax Campus from August 21-25 to accommodate the move-in of over Read More
In accordance with Mason’s Policy 1131, there are a number of rules and procedures for operating a golf cart on Read More
Starting Saturday, May 25, the six Blue and Yellow line stations south of Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport will be Read More
Parking and Transportation is excited to launch a new and improved Bike Commuter Choice Program. With terrific input from faculty Read More