Mason encourages everyone coming to campus to have at least two ways to get to work and school. See if biking is right for you.
Biking Resources at Mason
- All public buses and Mason Shuttles are outfitted with bike racks.
- There is a map of bike lanes, racks, shelters, and pumps located on the Fairfax, Arlington, and SciTech Campuses and a list of bike pumps and fix it stations by campus.
- A Capital Bikeshare station is located on the Arlington Campus.
Biking Programs at Mason
- Register your bike with Parking and Transportation to receive a free U-lock, bike lights and safety information. Student registration is valid for 5 years and for faculty/staff, the registration is valid for the duration of their employment. Students who live off-campus and do not own a parking permit will also receive 2 daily complimentary parking passes (general lots) per semester upon registering their bike.
- Bike Commuter Choice (Faculty/Staff only): Faculty and staff are eligible for 2 daily complimentary permits as long as you commute via bicycle at least 8 times per month.
- Patriot Bike Check Out Program: This pilot program begins on 8/27/18. Check out one of five bikes available at the RAC at no cost for a one-day check-out by showing your valid Mason ID. Check it out on Friday or Saturday and have it until Sunday night. This pilot is brought to the Mason community by Mason Recreation, the Office of Sustainability, and Parking & Transportation.
- Various events are hosted throughout the year, including Bike to Mason Day during Earth Week. For details, check out our News and Announcements section.
Community Biking Resources
News and Announcements
Canned Food & Toy Drive Parking Services is collecting toy and food donations at the Parking Services Offices at the Read More
Bike Check Out Program Launches 8/27/18 Mason Recreation, the Office of Sustainability, and Parking and Transportation have teamed up to Read More
Best Workplace for Commuters for 2018 Mason Receives National Designation as one of the Best Workplaces for Commuters in 2018 Read More
Bikeshare Feasibility Study Mason, the City of Fairfax, the Town of Vienna, and Fairfax County have teamed up on a Read More