- Patriot Bike Check Out Program is temporarily unavailable during Fall 2020.
- There will be no abandoned bike sale this fall.
- Mason Recreation Safe Return to Recreation page
- Information on locker room access
Biking Resources at Mason
- All public buses and Mason Shuttles are outfitted with bike racks.
- There is a map of bike lanes, racks, shelters, and pumps located on the Fairfax campus, a map of bike racks on the SciTech campus and Arlington campus as well as a list of bike pumps and fix it stations by campus.
- A Capital Bikeshare station is located on the Arlington Campus.
Biking Programs at Mason
- Register your bike with Parking and Transportation to receive a free U-lock, bike lights and safety information. Student registration is valid for 5 years and for faculty/staff, the registration is valid for the duration of their employment. Students, faculty, and staff who live off-campus and do not own a parking permit will also receive 2 daily complimentary parking passes (general lots) per semester upon registering their bike.
- Bike Commuter Choice (Faculty/Staff only): Faculty and staff are eligible for 3 different tiers of support based upon how often and how far you bike to work.
- Patriot Bike Check Out Program: Temporarily unavailable during Fall 2020 due to the impact of COVID-19.
- Check out one of ten bikes available at the RAC/AFC at no cost Monday through Thursday for a one-day check-out by showing your valid Mason ID. Check it out on Friday or Saturday and have it until Sunday night. Check a bike out at either location and return it to the one that is most convenient. This pilot is brought to the Mason community by Mason Recreation, the Office of Sustainability, and Parking & Transportation.
- Capital Bikeshare Discount for Students: Mason has joined the Capital Bikeshare University Program, which offers enrolled students discounted $25 Capital Bikeshare annual memberships.
Mason's Bike Advisory Committee
- Mason’s Bike Advisory Committee meets once per semester (in fall and spring) to provide guidance on a range of issues including growing Mason’s cycling community and addressing cycling policy, programming, and culture both at Mason as well as in the wider regional community. The Committee also helps support the Mason cycling culture through volunteering to map routes for new cyclists. If you’re interested in joining the Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fall 2020 Committee meeting is scheduled to be held virtually on October 16 from 2-3:30pm.
Community Biking Resources
Follow Mason biking issues on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bikingatmason.
Fairfax Campus Arlington Campus
News and Announcements
Update: November 16 The last day of service on Mason Shuttles for Gunston Mason is Tuesday, November 24. Since Mason Read More
Parking and Transportation is teaming up with the Staff Senate on the 2020 Holiday Donation Drive. This year will be Read More
Delia Johnson, a League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor, held a Bicycle Commuting 101 class on October 20. For a Read More
As you’re contemplating your commute back to work, see if vanpooling works for you. Join Sarah Mandel from Commute With Read More