Faculty/Staff Bicycle Commuter Choice
The Bicycle Commuter Choice rewards Mason employees for cycling to work. To participate and receive the great benefits, please read the information on this page and complete the Bicycle Commuter Program Form.
What You Need To Know
- All full-time and part-time faculty and staff are eligible.
- You must bike to any Mason campus a minimum of eight times per month to be eligible for the benefit.
- The Bicycle Tracking Form must be submitted monthly and no later than the fifth of the following month to receive the benefit for that month.
- Please take into account there could be a delay in the office receiving your form if you submit by interoffice mail. If the form is not received by the fifth day of the month, you will not receive the benefit.
- Two daily complimentary parking passes per monthif you do not already have a Mason parking permit. If you have a Mason parking permit already, you will be issued two all day garage validations instead and the option of buying an additional half-priced pack of 5 daily passes per semester for $20 or half-priced pack of 5 deck validations for $35. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the permits.
- Shower facility use at the RAC and Aquatic Center, 30 minute time limit, without becoming a member. Shower facilities are also available in Merten Hall. Please email email@example.com to obtain access to use the shower facilities at the RAC, Aquatic Center, and Merten Hall.
- Receive a free on-guard U-lock and bike lights when you register your bicycle with Mason.
Requesting Daily Complimentary Permits
All Commuter Choice participants are eligible to receive two daily parking passes per month who do not already own a permit. The Daily Complimentary Permits (of which participants may request two per month) are only valid for the month indicated in the "Valid Month" box on the permit and the permits do not roll over.
To get the maximum benefit from the Daily Complimentary Permits, we advise that you request the permits early in any given month in which you will be using them. Any vehicle with a permit used in a month other than the one indicated in the "Valid Month" box will receive a citation. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
To request the two Daily Complimentary Permits, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Requesting Daily Complimentary Permits." If you have any questions, please send us an email or call 703.993.2828.