How Do I Register My Bicycle?
- Gather the following information about your bicycle: make, model, serial number, color, bike size, type and any other identifiers (if you’re not sure where to find this info on your bike, contact our office).
- Fill out the Bicycle Registration Form.
- Submit the Bicycle Registration Form to one of the following office locations. We will have a registration sticker, complimentary U-lock, bike safety information, and other biking-related giveaways available for you to pick up.
- Fairfax Campus – Nottoway Annex, Phone: (703) 993-2828
- Mason Square (Arlington Campus) – Van Metre Hall, Room 219, Phone: (703) 993-8146
- Science and Technology Campus – Colgan Hall, Room 112, Phone: (703) 993-4808
- Once you pick up your bike kit, please place the bike registration sticker on the base of the seat tube facing the front wheel (see diagram). It’s important that all Mason bike registration stickers are located in the same place for consistency across the program and ease of finding your registration sticker if needed.
Students, faculty, and staff who live off-campus and do not own a parking permit will also receive 2 daily complimentary parking permits per semester upon registering their bicycle. The 2 daily complimentary parking passes can be used for parking in general lots on campus. Please request your parking passes when you are picking up your bike kit.
- For students, the registration is valid for 5 years.
- For faculty and staff, the registration is valid for the duration of employment.
- Bike registration helps to keep track of how many bicycles are on campus and it helps us provide you with more bike programs, racks, and infrastructure.
- If your bike is registered with us, we can assist you if you need to have your bike lock removed for any reason (e.g. it rusted, you forgot the combination, etc.). If your bike is not registered with Mason, we cannot assist you.
- You can be contacted if your bicycle needs to be moved or if we have a special announcement for cyclists on campus.
- If a registered bike is stolen and recovered it can more easily be returned to its owner.
- Having a registration sticker on your bicycle acts as a theft deterrent (the stickers are specially designed and are very difficult to remove).